Channel Management Software
Using indirect sales channels is a powerful and proven way to extend market reach, serve diverse segments and strengthen customer relationships through value-added partners. Companies that distribute their products through VARs, resellers, retailers, distributors, or licensees are able to multiply their selling capabilities far beyond what they could accomplish with only in-house resources.
Channel-based distribution also entails a higher level of complexity. Having multiple players in the value chain and multi-tier distribution raises the risks of stockouts, revenue leaks, sales commission inaccuracies, compliance problems and slow responsiveness to sales trends or customer issues.
Piecemeal and stand-alone technology approaches — such as offline spreadsheets, homegrown applications and data silos — are not capable of keeping up with the dynamic nature and complexity of today's channel. These limited-scope solutions often add to management problems by creating separate islands of data that have to be synchronized and manipulated by hand. This patchwork approach hampers timeliness and accuracy and adds cost.
To get optimal and sustainable results, companies need comprehensive channel management software and tools that can span all of these challenges. Entomo provides these required capabilities and attributes:
- Channel Data Management
- Collection, normalization and channel data enrichment
- Workflows within enterprise and with external channel partners
- Gross Margin and Full Channel Revenue Management
- Automatic transaction valuation, claims validation, calculations of exposures and accruals
- Adjustments, journal entries and audit trails
- Business Discovery / Channel Business Intelligence
- Integration with legacy ERP / CRM and other enterprise systems
- SSAE-16 compliance